- A peeled boiled egg.
- A glass bottle with an opening a little bit smaller than the egg.
- A newspaper.
- A lighter.
- Put some pieces of newspaper into the bottle.
- Light a piece of paper and put it into the bottle to burn the pieces of newspaper.
- Wet the egg and place it in the bottle opening.
- The egg will slowly move into the bottle.
Hot air expands and cold air contracts. When you heat the air in the bottle, the molecules inside the bottle spread out and the air pressure is increased. When the air in the bottle cools, the air pressure decreases. Then the outside air pressure is higher than the pressure in the bottle, and pushes the egg into the bottle.
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT IT? WRITE YOUR OPINION.