Welcome!

This is a blog of the 4th grade class in la Farigola de Vallcarca School in Barcelona. This year we are doing “Aula de Ciències” in English.
In this blog we want to show you the experiments we do in our Science Lab. Science is fun!



dilluns, 20 de desembre del 2010

International Year of Chemistry: no fire for a fried egg

MATERIALS:
- An egg.
- A plate or a bowl.
- Alcohol.
INSTRUCTIONS:
- Break the egg and put it in the plate.
- Pour some alcohol on it.
- Wait half an hour.
- It's a fried egg!
WHY?
Eggs contain proteins. When you heat proteins they undergo a structural change called denaturation. You can get the same result with alcohol. In this process the egg white becomes solid and white.
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT IT? WRITE YOUR COMMENTS!

7 comentaris:

  1. Hello!
    NO FIRE FOR A FRIED EGG is very funny!
    The egg is very exciting!

    ResponElimina
  2. No fire for fried egg needs no fire. You put alcohol on the egg in the plate and the egg is a fried egg.

    ResponElimina
  3. Hello!!
    I'm Carles this experiment is fantastic and funny. My favourite part is to wait half an hour.

    ResponElimina
  4. My name is Christian
    No fire for a fried egg is very funny and it is very easy.

    ResponElimina
  5. Hello I'm Sabrina. This experiment is very impressive. I do this experiment in my house.

    ResponElimina
  6. Hello I´m Natalia,

    NO FIRE FOR A FRIED EGG is my favourite experiment because it is impressive and delicious! I like this experiment!!!

    Thanks Marta!!!!!

    ResponElimina
  7. Hello!!
    I'm Arnau. This experiment is funny and fantastic. My favourite part is when you pour some alcohol on it.

    ResponElimina