Welcome!

This is a blog of the 4th grade class in la Farigola de Vallcarca School in Barcelona. This year we are doing “Aula de Ciències” in English.
In this blog we want to show you the experiments we do in our Science Lab. Science is fun!



diumenge, 18 d’octubre del 2009

Floating paper clip

MATERIALS: Paper clips Water Bowl INSTRUCTIONS: - Fill the bowl with water. - Unfold one paper clip to use as a tool. - Rest another clip on the tool. - Gently lay the clip flat on the water, then remove the tool. - The paper clip should float. WHY: Water holds together at its surface with a kind of rubbery “skin”. This tendency of a liquid to form a skin, called "surface tension", is what keeps the paper clip up.

What do you think about? Write your opinion!

10 comentaris:

  1. I LOVE THIS EXPERIMENT and I made it at home.

    Anna

    ResponElimina
  2. Hello, my name is POL.
    This experiment is doing by me and it is very funny!!!!!!
    My sister Carol says that this experiment is more difficult. When she will be 9 years old, she will do this experiment.

    POL CAPSIR

    ResponElimina
  3. I made this experiment at home and I enjoyed a lot. David Nebot Vallés.

    ResponElimina
  4. I like very much this experiment. It's very funny because you don't know if the clip will float or will sink.

    Inés Jimeno

    ResponElimina
  5. I like this experiment very much!!!!
    Laia

    ResponElimina
  6. Hello. This experiment is very, very, very excellent,funny,interesting and famous.

    Josecarlos Vivanco

    ResponElimina
  7. I´ve tried this experiment at home.My brother Dylan, liked it a lot.

    Vera

    ResponElimina
  8. Hello Marta,
    I love this experiment because it was very funny. All the people in my group were wrong.We made this experiment at home and the clip sink too. And we were very funny when we do the experiment with my family at home.Suddenly my family try the experiment too.

    Adrià

    ResponElimina
  9. I'm Leila. I'm nine years old.This experiment is very funny. It liked very much to my family. We made it at home.


    LEILA
    Sunday 25th october 2009

    ResponElimina
  10. This experiment is FANTASTIC!!Because it's very difficult. The paper clip floats on the water or sinks in the water.Bye Bye!!!

    Paula and Alba

    ResponElimina